1. ELIMINATE THE POSSIBILITY OF DEATH FROM UNDIAGNOSED ADRENAL DISEASE by reminding the entire U.S. diagnosing medical field with a highly illustrated, color educational flyer which lays out what the various symptoms of the adrenal diseases are, with visuals.
2. INSURING IMMEDIATE AND ADEQUATE EMERGENCY CARE FOR ADRENAL INSUFFICIENT PATIENTS by nationwide distribution of NADF Emergency Care Sheets to emergency care facilities, both
stationary and mobile. This emergency care sheet saved my life when I went to the ER in June of 2006. I submitted it to the Medical Director of the Vineman so they would know how to treat me if the need arose!
3. NADF News® the quarterly NADF newsletter with the latest information on adrenal disease and, in many cases, the sole source of information and emotional support for persons not located near one of the 34 NADF-affiliated support groups.
4. NADF WEBSITE. Because of the generous volunteer contribution of valuable skill, time and labor, our website has been renovated by member Nancy Ronning, and transferred to our own domain name, www..nadf.us Since Nancy’s resignation, the NADF website is being managed by
• Distribute the NADF News® using it, which would save us much needed funds.
• Offer paid members a registration-only section which will house the complete archives of the NADF News® and other information.
• Offer the ability to donate and register online.
• Eliminate our current dependency on AOL-Time Warner, again saving funds.
5. ADRENAL SUPPORT GROUPS oversight of and affiliation with over 30 support groups across the nation.
6. INFORMATION AND EDUCATION
• with The Facts You Need To Know pamphlets for four adrenal diseases
• distribution of NADF Emergency Care Wallet Cards
• distribution of NADF Emergency Crisis Care cover letters, and instructional hand-outs
• distribution of the latest crisis care cortisol injection information
• distribution of the hand-out “Quick Reference for the Most Common Symptoms of Adrenal Hormone Replacement Excess and Deficiency”
• mass e-mail distribution of the latest news important to people with adrenal disease ((as in influenza vaccinations, medication shortages and discontinuations,.support group meetings,
current research, etc.).
Facts to remember about NADF:
• Our services are provided under the supervision of a team of highly-qualified, board-certified endocrinologists volunteering as Medical Advisors.
• NADF is a 501(c)(3) fully tax-deductible non-profit organization dedicated to providing information, education and support to persons with adrenal disease.