Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Am Woman Hear Me Roar

Yep, "I Am Woman" by Helen Reddy is what I've been listening to on my iPod today (and for the last few weeks). Not only are the lyrics inspirational, Ms. Reddy also has Addison's Disease!

I rode to town today and ran a little bit. It feels so good to not be exhausted from physical effort. The last week has been light on training and heavy on computer work and planning.

I will finish the Vineman even if I have to crawl across the line!

Here are my expected finish times:

A dream come true and virtual impossibility - 7 pm PT, 12:05
More realistic but probably out of my league - 8 pm PT, 13:05
Probable - 8:30 pm PT, 13:35
Likely - 9:00 pm PT, 14:00

Check back with the blog. I'll do my best to post pictures of the NorCal people and give updates on what's going on. At the very least, I'll try to post something on Sunday and let you know how the race turned out!

Thanks to everyone for your financial and emotional support!

No comments: