Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

If you don't want to donate to the NADF - SHARE INFORMATION, SAVE A LIFE!!

I've got to say, I'm surprised at how many people have gotten ONE email from me regarding this NADF fund raiser and they assume they are on a mailing list. I don't have a mailing list. I promise, I will not email you again! No one wants your money if you don't want to give it.

We would like you to help others through spreading valuable information though. My goal with this fund raiser was not only to raise funds, it was to spread information, see...


I'd also like to be a source of inspiration for people who hope to eventually do more with their lives even if their circumstances don't currently permit. There was a time, prediagnosis, that I could barely walk up and down a flight of stairs, read without falling asleep and I also let all of my plants die because I was not capable of mustering the energy to water them. I haven't always been able to get exercise. I'd also like to inspire people who have perfectly good health and are eating themselves into Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity to slim down and appreciate what they've got that they don't even have to work for!!! Damn, I wish I could eat less and move more and have that solve all of my problems. As it is, I take medication 5-6 times a day, carry around an injection kit, watch what I eat, exercise & go get blood drawn too often. I still have health scares REGULARLY! The gals at the blood lab know me by name.

If you care about people with adrenal disorders and want to help people get diagnosed in a timely manner and/or you think people with adrenal disorders deserve good, up to date treatment from their doctors, print out my brochure (in the email or email me for a PDF version at contact@addisonssupport.com) and give it to health care professionals in your area. They can look at the NADF site and find valuable information that could help save someone's life.

There is no reason in this day and age for anyone to die from undiagnosed adrenal disorders.

Spread information, it's free and easy!
Not all people with adrenal diseases will be diagnosed as easily as you were!

  • Go to NADF for information that you can print out and give to your doctor or health care professional.
  • email me for a copy of the Teton Valley News article, a press release regarding the Vineman or for a PDF version of the brochure.
  • Refer someone with an adrenal disorder to Brain Fog a supportive forum for people with adrenal disorders
  • Have people with adrenal disorders visit this blog
  • Visit my website Idaho, Montana and Wyoming Addisons Support now or when it is returned to its former self (with diagnosis stories, etc...)

No comments: