Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Taper

6 days until the Vineman. 3.5 until we start the 15 hour drive to California.

I love the taper. No long bike rides, no long swims, no long runs. Whew! It's amazing how the aches and pains subside when the training volume decreases. Paul and I went for a bike ride and short run today. It was nice but there is not much to say about it. Although the training volume has decreased, preparations have ramped up. I'm marking my clothing and gear with my name and I'm adding flair to all of my outfits - reflective tape, rhinestones, iron-ons, ribbons and Trice is brining us boas!!! I'm prepping as much food as possible right now and packing cooking stuff. Thank goodness we are going to stay in a motel room, it's quite a treat to not have to pack camping gear and sleep in a tent.

To clarify, all the money raised with this fund raiser is going to the NADF. Paul and I have paid for ALL expenses for this trip including the $300 entry fee, transportation costs, hotel costs, gear costs, food during the trip (wahoo, I'm cooking on a hot plate in a hotel room or off the outlet in our car). By "Sponsoring" me, you are donating to the NADF. Help the NADF! Donate what you can afford!!

No comments: