Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's catching up with me

The Vineman & travel during the first week of August have caught up with me. I'm very tired. Yesterday I was unable to do my workout as planned. Today I did my run but I can tell I'm going to pay for it later today. I wanted you Addisonian's to know that I get super tired too!

I'll basically be useless for the rest of the day and probably asleep and hour or two earlier than I usually go to sleep.

My hope is that this tiredness trend goes away quickly. Sometimes I wonder if I am really sick, if I really do have Addison's Disease. It's days (especially multiple days or weeks) that make me realize I DO have Addison's.

Being tired with Addison's is very different from regular tired. It's a tired that goes to your bones and makes ALL of you muscles ache, you eyes feel like closing and your stomach upset. You just feel like crawling into bed and not coming out until your energy has returned because you know you're virtually useless to anyone and everyone as you are.

No comments: