Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

This week's running and pictures

Allison and I got a beautiful day to run on Thursday so we decided to go on the race course. Allison is doing the marathon on September 2, 2007 and I'm doing the 50 miler the day before, September 1, 2007. The picture under "Back to the Dirt" is from that day.

Yesterday, Paul, Allison and I went up to the ski hill where the race is going to be held and we walked briskly up to the top of Fred's mountain. It's nearly 2,000 vertical feet of elevation gain in 2.8 miles - STEEP!!! We came down a different way and it was fun. The Blue Grass Festival was going on and the base area was jammed with people.
Silly us at the top of Fred's Mountain

Today the three of us went for a 2 hour trail run up Pole Canyon. We saw a buck moose with a big rack. He ran away before I could get my camera out of the backpack. On our way home, we saw a bald eagle. This picture looks like the last one I posted but I swear it's a different eagle. Allison's so tough, she ran home (11 miles) after our 2 hour trail run!




No comments: