Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Addison's and Training: Ready as I'll ever be

Desert RATS 50

April 19, 2008

I'm doing 50 miles, join me and do 50 of something! :)

Countdown: 15 hours

How do I feel: nervous!!!

An overview of a small portion of the course. Bookcliffs in the left far background.
Look, no snow!!



We've made it to Fruita, Colorado! Actually we got here yesterday and have enough time to get settled and for me to sort and resort every single item I've brought with me in preparation of the race.

The Great Salt Lake from a car window while we're doing 75



The strangest advertising for remodeling I've ever seen. It's weird!



Thanks so much to everyone who has sent me an email or posted to me on the Hope Oasis Forum . I really appreciate it and I will get back to all of you when I can.

Thanks to everyone who will be doing 50 of something tomorrow with me. I'll be thinking of each and every one of you!

Thanks also to my fabulous husband who did all the driving down here and will most likely do all the driving back. He paid for the whole trip and is my support crew. Although I asked you all to vote for whom I should dedicate the race, I have decided to dedicate the race to Paul, my husband.

Thank you Paul for everything you do and everything you put up with from me! I dedicate this 50 mile run to you!

Here are some pictures from the course that I took yesterday. Although I fully intend to take pictures when I am running tomorrow, we'll see if that becomes a reality.


The course at about mile 13 (going up) and mile 37 (going down). Course is one 25 mile loop, at mile 25, you turn around and go do the course again the other way.



See the trail going up to the mesa? I'll come down that at about mile 23 and go up for mile 27.



Pretty!



I'm not kidding. This is what the trail looks like in some spots. It's more of a scramble up and jump down. Mile 23 coming down/mile 27 going up.




Going down the rocks above and running down the trail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dusty,
I slept for 50 minutes! I can't hear how you do in the race. The pictures were incredible. Just remember I am on your shoulder. Jan

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.