Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Signs of Spring & Upcoming race

Please vote for the person you think I should dedicate the race to!

The snow is finally melting, just when I thought it never would. Birds have returned to Teton Valley. I've seen a robin, 2 Sand Hill cranes, a bluebird (below) and 4 white pelicans.


This is what Spring looks like in my neighborhood, Christmas lights, horses being fed by an owner pulling a sled full of hay (not pictured), snow still nearly 4 feet deep in places!

I spent a few hours this weekend getting ready for my 50 mile run. I spent a lot of that time feeling sick (mentally). It's a totally different thing to go from running on icy pavement, icy dirt and snowmobile tracks to sand and loose rock. I'm quite nervous. I had to reformulate my food/med/hydration plan because I thought about it and decided what I had in the below linked plan was not adequate. I will post my revised one whether you want to see it or not. I packed my food items, put powdered gatorade in my water bottles and picked out my outfit(s). Although the forecast is for 70 degrees and sunny, I'm prepared for many different weather conditions.


No comments: