- osteoporosis or osteopenia
- B-12 deficiency
- unexplained rashes
- myopathy or epilepsy
- depression or paranoia
- infertility or spontaneous abortion
- lactose intolerance
- arthritis (that is reversed by a gluten free diet)
According to Cecil Textbook of Medicine by Goldman and Ausiello pages 853 and 854, these are the recognized medical symptoms of celiac.
Testing for celiac includes the below tests BUT
"Patients with mild disease may have negative antibody studies, so intestinal biopsy remains the gold standard for diagnosis, provided that the pathologist can recognize milder degrees of villus atrophy."
- AGA IgA antibodies
- IgG antibodies
- EMA IgA antibodies detected by indirect immunoflourescence or tTG
- Sometimes helpful: Anti-tTG IgG