Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Walking the Line

It took until 1 pm for me to get my butt out the door. I was feeling lethargic and unsure about going so far away from home when not feeling my best. With Addison's, sometimes you're not sure if getting out and exercising is going to make you feel better or much, much worse. This was one of those times for me! Usually if I get going and feel weak, I will turn around and go home. Today, I felt okay and kept going. I rode my bike up to Teton Canyon in Wyoming. It's about 15 miles from my house. I ride through Alta, Wyoming to get to Teton Canyon.


Here's the view looking up Teton Canyon at the Grand (this time from the west side of the Tetons, the pictures below are from the east side).




Once in Teton Canyon, I transitioned at the side of the road and ran for a while on some dirt roads and some trails. The picture of the river is Teton Creek. I rode home and was happy to be done. I actually feel the same as I did when I was trying to get motivated this morning, tired and lethargic. I'm glad I went out today. Sometimes it's tough to decide to stay or go.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Good job for getting out there.