Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

42 days to the Vineman and counting down!

The NADF received another $50 on Friday. Thanks Ellen!!

Friday was a good training day and my head's back in the training mode. I ran for 2 hours and rode my bike to town to pick up the mail.

Today I was a little sore but not sore enough to not go out for my long ride today. I had some great company, my husband Paul. Paul makes my training possible in every single way. Thanks Paul! That's him in the picture below.

We rode out to Green Canyon Hot Springs, across the dry farms and back home. We didn't swim in the hot springs because it was full of small, screaming kids. It was a nice but windy day. The wind gusts were between 15 and 20 miles per hour. The views were absolutely spectacular on the way home! Tonight I feel pretty good after eating and taking a shower. I increased my HC by 15 mg for this workout and I think this was a good move.


















This is the Teton River. The spots are swallows. See the fisherman in the distance?

We saw a moose on the side of the road on the way into Green Canyon!




Point of interest at the hot spring.












A spud barn that's still in use.











Me riding on the highway.

















Great view from Tetonia, Idaho.








The signs at the Spud Drive In are a constant source of humor. The one above is how the sign looked at 11 am. Below is how the sign looked at 4 pm!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dusty,

I enjoyed reading your blog and looking at the pictures. Thats interesting about the 15 mg extra of HC. Yesterday I went for a hilly 85 mile ride and today I ran 10 miles. I took 5 mg extra yesterday. I didn't feel great today running but I got through it with a few short walking breaks.

Joel