Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Still streaking



Nice view, does it look like it's -15? It was.




Only in Idaho, a pickup truck bed full of mounted moose heads




Another view of the moose heads




Festival of Trees at MD Nursery, Driggs, Idaho


The streak of at least one mile a day and three pullups continues, about 18 days in a row! I'm on the treadmill right now, walking slowly because I have an ouch in my hip..

I haven't run in days because of Festival of Trees, a fundraising event for our local hospital. I am cochairperson with Milissa and we've been working hard on it for months. The actual event is tonight. This week has been tough because it's been so blasted cold, the hip hurts and FoT is taking up all of my time. Anyhoo, FoT has been great because I don't feel the least bit guilty about not running on the hurt hip. I'm exhausted and taking an extra 5 mg of HC but still falling asleep very early.

Good news, NO MIGRAINE for the third month in a row!!! I'm attributing this to doubling melatonin the week before the expected migraine. This is the longest I've gone without a migraine in about 4 or 5 years. For me, migraines are NOT stress related. I'm under a lot of stress right now!!

Although I've been consumed with the fundraiser, I'm still thinking about next year's running goals and how I will accomplish them. It's imperative that I keep thinking about the races because many application deadlines are looming for events that will happen in the spring and summer of 2010! Next week I will submit several applications and commit myself to a few things.


Full moon setting over the Big Holes, -10 degrees F

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hey Dusty...Have an amazing time at the Festival of Trees - you deserve it! Take lots of pics.

Great news about the migraines. Question for you...my friend has really bad migraines. In the past, she tok Execedrin to relieve her symptoms. But that doesn't seem to be doing the trick anymore. What kind of doctor do you suggest she sees for more help?

Great to chat with you this week. Your voice always makes me smile!

:-)

cw