This week's post is just a listing of famous Addisonians and links to more in depth stories about them.
I hope that it's inspirational to you that there are Addisonian's who have accomplished so much despite managing their disease. If a person with Addison's Disease can be president of the United States, WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!
Famous Addisonians (copied from Wikipedia)
- President John F. Kennedy was one of the best-known Addison's disease sufferers.
- Popular singer Helen Reddy.
- Scientist Eugene Merle Shoemaker Co-discoverer of the Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9.
- French Carmelite nun and religious writer Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity 
- Some have suggested that Jane Austen was an avant la lettre case, but others have disputed this.
- According to Dr. Carl Abbott, a Canadian medical researcher, Charles Dickens may also have been afflicted.
- Osama bin-Laden - may be an Addisonian: Lawrence Wright (The Looming Tower, 2006, p. 139) notes that bin-Laden manifests all the key symptoms: "low blood pressure, weight loss, muscle fatigue, stomach irritability, sharp back pains, dehydration, and an abnormal craving for salt". Bin-Laden is known to have been consuming large amounts of the drug Arcalion to treat his symptoms.
- Hubert Doggart, a cricketer and schoolmaster may have Addison's disease but there is not much information to back this up. (This Addisonian was NOT mentioned in Wikipedia.)
- It's rumored that Paula Abdul also has adrenal insufficiency. Hear Paula's youtube.com confession. The talk about Addison's Disease starts at 2:45 into the clip.