Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Addison's: Famous Addisonians

Sorry I didn't do an Addison's post last week.

This week's post is just a listing of famous Addisonians and links to more in depth stories about them.

I hope that it's inspirational to you that there are Addisonian's who have accomplished so much despite managing their disease. If a person with Addison's Disease can be president of the United States, WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!

Famous Addisonians (copied from Wikipedia)


  • Hubert Doggart, a cricketer and schoolmaster may have Addison's disease but there is not much information to back this up. (This Addisonian was NOT mentioned in Wikipedia.)
  • It's rumored that Paula Abdul also has adrenal insufficiency. Hear Paula's youtube.com confession. The talk about Addison's Disease starts at 2:45 into the clip.
For a great link to a story about JFK and Adrenal Disease.

3 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

May I add your blog to my 100 Chronic Illness Blogs list on my blog? Diane-
email me
stellarlife@yahoo.com

http://dj-astellarlife.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Dusty,

Good info and pictures. You live in such a beautiful place. I would be strapping on the X-country skis, I love doing that but can only ski a few days a year when we take a trip to the mountains. Actually I am going to Mammoth this weekend to do some skiing. I just ran a half marathon (same one as last year) and did it in 1:38 which I was really happy with. I wasn't sure how much HC to take but decided 7.5 mg before the race and felt good the whole race but my legs started to tie up near the end. I am thinking about doing either a full marathon or a double century later this year, haven't decided which one yet.

Joel

Unknown said...

Hey Joel!

Come visit, we've got lots of XC track around here.

Awesome job on half. You're faaaaassstttt!

I've got some marathon hc protocols that I'd be happy to share with you, you can practice on your long runs and tweak to make it work for you.

:) Dusty