Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Training, Snow & Addison's

Snow and drifts from this morning



January 18th shoveling job (similar view to the picture above and below)



This is what the driveway looks like when there's no snow. It's an old picture because the house across the street is not built yet and we had the old car.



I know you're all tired of hearing me whining about the snow. There's more to come!

I've been at 22.5 mg HC and .025 Florinef and I'm not sure it's enough right now. I've been shoveling, on average, an hour a day and running 5 days a week. I don't seem to be recovering well, I'm tired every day and I'm still sore from shoveling 2 days ago (which is unusual for me). I've increased to 25 mg HC and .05 Florinef supplementing with more HC on days when I run more than 2 hours.

Today I was supposed to run for 3-4 hours and I'm just not able to do it. I ran/walked about 3 hours yesterday on the treadmill. Today I couldn't bring myself to run on the treadmill for so long! I will have to take extra meds today and try to run tomorrow.

The running is not going too well. It's hard to push myself to get outside since the weather has been so bad. Because we've had so much snow, the snow banks are high, shoulders are nonexistent and people with cell phones and/or bad attitudes come frighteningly close to me. When I have been brave enough to get outside, it's been like running alternately on sand and then ice. It's a little demoralizing to not be able to get outside and for it to be such a struggle when I do. Luckily, we have a treadmill and I've been running on it. Our garage rarely gets over 30 degrees. Lots of whining, I told you.

1 comment:

Linda Ambard said...

Don't give up, my friend. You are working out like crazy. Your body is telling you something. If you take an easier week, you might be ready to go long the following week. I have those same periods of ups and downs!